Monday, January 16, 2017

Exciting news!!!

Four days ago, I went to my second dr. appointment since finding out I was pregnant. At the first appointment, my doctor did an ultra sound because I'm high risk (due to my age) and she wanted to make sure everything looked okay. Everything looked good. So this was my second ultra sound with this pregnancy. Dr. Roberts started the ultra sound and then said, "Hmm, wow" or something similar. "Is something wrong with the baby?" I asked. "Look at the screen," she said. "You're having twins!" The shock on my face must have been very obvious. I wish I had a picture of it to share. I never, ever thought we would have twins. It was definitely the furtherest thing from my mind, especially since I already had an ultrasound that showed one baby. I honestly couldn't even process it. She grabbed my phone from my bag for me and I took a picture of the screen (the first picture shown here). I then recorded your heart beats. I couldn't wait to tell your dad (I was alone at the appointment because I thought this was a routine thing so I didn't see any reason for him to be there). I don't remember what else I thought while laying on that table, other than it felt like a dream and I felt like I would be waking up any minute. I told Dr. Roberts that. She said, "I know your mind is racing but this is God's will for your family and babies are a blessing. You can do this." Then she hugged me. (It is rare to hear a doctor say that but it was exactly what I needed to hear. I love my doctor so much. She's amazing!)

I this image, the baby on the left is head up and the baby on the right is head down. 


I called your dad after the appointment and he was so shocked, he swore (which is rare for him). It wasn't in a bad way, or because he doesn't want you or your sibling, but just out of shock. I called him at work, asked him if he was sitting down, and then I told him. He said he felt happy, excited and scared out of his mind. I pretty much feel the same. I also feel very overwhelmed. But I can't wait to find out your genders and meet you both! Grandma Utah was in town visiting, so I got to go home and tell her in person. I showed her the ultrasound picture and she said, "Are there two?!?" She started jumping up and down and screaming in excitement. The night I told her I was pregnant, she said she thought it would be twins. I thought she was crazy and didn't give it a second thought but she was right. (My stepmom, Dot, also told me she wondered if I was having twins when she saw me at Christmas and has been having dreams about twins and seeing them everywhere she goes. My friend Emily Poland [who has twins herself] also thought this. I ran into her at Banner Health the day I had my first ultrasound and I told her I was pregnant and she asked me if I was having twins because it just popped into her head.)

It's easy to feel overwhelmed and a little nervous, especially because we already have three young, active, demanding children. But as I sat in the ultrasound room, waiting for Dr. Roberts to come back after I got dressed, I felt the Spirit and knew this was right for our family. It will be very difficult but what a blessing! I am so excited to meet these amazing spirits whom Heavenly Father gave us such strong promptings about.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment