Wednesday, January 18, 2017

11 Week Update

Stretch marks: Nothing new from this pregnancy yet. 

Sleep: I am still able to sleep fine if Josh and Eleanor stay asleep all night. Right now Miss Eleanor wakes up in the night sometimes because she's getting her molars and Josh occasionally still has night terrors (or sometimes an accident), but they are pretty infrequent now. 

Best moment last week: My ultra sound on Thursday - the day I found out we're having twins!!!! We're very excited (and nervous and overwhelmed too).
Movement: Not yet. 

Food cravings: Yesterday nectarines sounded really good. Salads, fresh veggies sandwiches, ice water with fresh lemon juice squeezed into it. I sometimes buy (healthy) frozen meals to eat quickly if it's a crazy busy night but those don't sound appealing at all. I was this way when expecting Oliver, too. Except with him, literally all I wanted was fresh veggie subs. 

Gender: I'm so curious to know! Extra curious because it could be girl, girl or boy, boy or girl, boy. It would kind of be fun to have one of each but I don't have any super strong feelings or preferences other than I think maybe two girls could be difficult for Eleanor (she might feel left out due to the bond twins have) but it might not be that way at all. I also think two boys would be a handful if they're anything like their brothers. But I also feel strongly that these babies are definitely being sent to our family with intention and whatever your genders, you're supposed to be with us and I feel peace about that. 

Baby Stats: You're each supposed to be about the size of a fig. That's so hard to believe, just because you look bigger on the ultrasound and I feel like my stomach is making lots of room for you two. 

Symptoms: I am incredibly tired. I do okay in the mornings but I am really dragging in the afternoons. If I sit down on the floor to change a diaper, I have to lay down and I almost fall asleep. If I sit on the couch, I do fall asleep, even if only for ten minutes. I have low energy the second half of the day. I just found out I have low thyroid levels so hopefully the medication will help with this (I just started taking it today). I have not felt sick at all in weeks. I did a little bit, in the beginning, but it was very mild and short and would usually happen in the afternoons or evenings. There was only twice when I thought I really might actually throw up and almost ran to the bathroom. Otherwise it was just a mild, annoying feeling that passed within minutes. I am so grateful I'm not feeling sick and feel it's a tender mercy from Heavenly Father because I have so much on my plate right now with the other kids. On occasion I get a little lightheaded / dizzy but I think that might be due to low thyroid levels as well.  

Labor signs: Nope (thankfully). 

Belly button - in or out? It's still mostly in. 

What I miss: Feeling less exhausted and having more energy than I do now.

What I am looking forward to: My next appointment next week so I can hear your heart beats and see you on the screen again. Being of Advanced Maternal Age (37), I am high risk for misscarriage so it's always nice to hear those heart beats. I also get to have appointments (including an ultrasound every time) every two weeks because I'm having twins, so that's kind of fun. 

10 Weeks
11.5 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment