Sunday, April 11, 2021

A few things lately

 Dear Nathan,

I haven't written in a while. Not for lack of want but life goes so quickly and is so busy - it's really minute to minute here in our house. I'm taking time on this Sunday evening to share some recent things with you that might bring a smile to your face or some insight down the road. 

January

  • You really like putting puzzles together. When you unhooked the pieces you called it "unplugged."
  • You called brussell sprouts "pencil sprouts."
  • While we were at the park you said, "I have to get the dirt out of my shoes so I don't grow into a flower." This made me smile. 
February 
  • You pulled your shirt up over your head from behind and said, "I'm a skeleton." So funny and cute!
  • You asked, "Can I have another sweet orange? It makes me sweet."
  • You often say, "I'm a strong boy! This (insert healthy food he is eating) will make me big and strong!" 
  • You told me, "I have a bloody tooth!" It ended up being a canker sore.
  • After something upsetting happened between the twins, Nathan said to Zach, "You hurt my brain and broke my heart!" 
March
  • You said, in a falsetto voice, "My tummy's hungry. Feed me!" You then said in a regular, serious voice, "It said that." 
  • While you and Zach were both hugging me, you said, "Everybody loves you! You're my best mom ever!"
April
  • While I was tucking you into bed, I hugged you and you said, "You're my best mommy ever. No one else's. Just mine, mine, mine."
Other notes: 

You and Zach are still potty training. It's been a long road. You are doing pretty good overall but occasionally poop in your underwear or pull up and there is an occasional pee accident. But you will both get there...hopefully by the time you start preschool in July! One of my biggest pet peeves lately is how you and Zach will put your wet underwear in the dryer that is full of wet clothes. I tell you to put your wet ones in the laundry room but I don't mean in the dryer. I've clarified it a few times and it still happens - not sure if it's you or just Zach but it isn't my favorite. 

You have a temper! We were at Pacana Park the other day and I was trying to show you and Zach how to play tennis. You can frustrated and threw the tennis racket across the court, start yelling things like, "stupid, I hate tennis" etc and stormed out of the court. 

I love you Nath. We both tell each other often, "I'm glad you're in our family!" 

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment